45 million Americans without health insurance?
· 17 million (38%) live in households with an annual income of $50,000+
· 9 million (20%) live in households with an annual income of $75,000+
1. They choose not to spend their money on insurance even though they can afford it.
· 14 million (31%) are eligible for government healthcare programs such as Medicaid but choose
not to enroll.
1. Over $1,000 are spent annually on charity care for every man, woman and child that is
uninsured in America (that’s over $45 billion annually).
2. America has an extensive system of low or no cost community healthcare centers and
free healthcare clinics that provide even the basic services such as annual exams for
free or sliding scale costs.
· 14 million (31%) are illegal immigrants but still receive free charity care.
1. The U.S. even allows “compassionate entry” permission to Mexican citizens in border
towns that need medical assistance, in which they are picked up by ambulance at the
border and transported to emergency rooms in American hospitals to receive free
· 18 million (40%) are ages 18-34 and spend more than 400% more on alcohol, tobacco,
entertainment and dining than on out of pocket expenses for healthcare.
1. All are treated if needed, but few ever pay.
2. Federal Law requires that all hospitals must provide emergency care to anyone that
comes within 250 yards of an emergency room regardless of ability or willingness to
· 8 million (18%) of the 45 million are truly uninsured.
1. NOTE: Every nation has a group of people that refuse to participate in society or take
responsibility for their own wellbeing. They wouldn’t comply even if our government
attempted to force them to receive regular healthcare.