August 4, 2012 - by: Michael Patomson
On Tuesday, Congress voted to suspend the rules and pass legislation that removes checks and balances from the Constitution. The separate branches of government were designed to protect us from outright Tyranny and Dictatorship that the rest of the world lives under. Tuesday, those protections were surrendered by those occupying our own Congress.
This treasonous act known by the deceptive title, "the Presidential Appointment Efficiency and Streamlining Act of 2011", was quietly passed and given no media coverage or attention. This legislation now allows the president to appoint most key positions in the federal government without the Advice and Consent of the Senate as required under Article 2 Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution. Among those positions are;
- The Treasurer of the United States,
- The Rural Utilities Service Administrator,
- The Chief Scientist at the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration,
- The Deputy Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration,
- Members of the National Security Education Board,
- The Director of Selective Service,
- Four key officers in the Department of Homeland Security, and
- Five high-level Directors in the Department of Justice.
Among the Co-Sponsors of this bill were Senators Mike Johanns (R-NE), Harry Ried (D-NV), Jon Kyl (AZ), and Mitch McConnell (R-KY). Congressmen Tom Latham from Iowa and Paul Ryan from wisconsin were among the representatives to vote for this abomination. In the name of "streamlining" the executive branch, all they have done is made it easier for a Tyrannical Dictatorship to grow and the national government to become more powerful. HOW THEY VOTED
Maybe they should have taken it as a clear indication that the national government has become massively unwieldy and out of control. Perhaps those charged with defending our liberties and freedom that the Constitution was designed to protect should have been trying to streamline the size of this massive overhanging government instead of widening the door so they can get through it.